"What I want to say is this: - If you logically try to persuade a person that there is no absolute reason for shedding tears, the person in question will cease weeping. That's self evident. Why, I should like to know, should such a person continue doing so?"

"If such were the usual course of things, life would be a very easy matter," replied Raskolnikoff.

- Crime and Punishment, Dostoevsky

Sunday, June 1, 2008

Karmic realignment

Some things you accomplish. Some things you pull out of your ass. I pulled one out of my ass today. Or maybe I had a good karma backlog. Stored karma - to be used on a cloudy day.
Sheer and unfettered hedonism doesn't work. Look, I'm starting with the most fun philosophies first, okay? I'll come and nationalize all your wine when I hit Leninsm (yes: I will stop reading Ayn Rand now).
But back to pure hedonism: it doesn't work. Strike that: it works if you don't care about other people's feelings and you don't mind that you'll quite possibly end up alone. See, the most pleasurable things that I do involve the people that I care the most about, and if I'm totally individualistic as to my pleasure-seeking and don't take the nano-second of inflection necessary to determine that my behaviour is harmful to... the people that I garner pleasure from being around, then I'm ultimately going to be fucked. But not in a good way.
Speaking of fucking, has anyone seen "23" with Jim Carrey? Holy crap. Uh, he's come a long way from "Ace Venture: Pet Detective". Hot. Damn.
But this was about karma, and not the fact that I'm undersexed. My karma has been realigned.
So, to totally blow your mind, what is the term for the thing/entity/visage/concept that has realigned my karma?

No comments: