"What I want to say is this: - If you logically try to persuade a person that there is no absolute reason for shedding tears, the person in question will cease weeping. That's self evident. Why, I should like to know, should such a person continue doing so?"

"If such were the usual course of things, life would be a very easy matter," replied Raskolnikoff.

- Crime and Punishment, Dostoevsky

Monday, June 30, 2008

Hot

It was so hot today, that when I came back from work I changed into a dress. Quite a confounding experience and one that I feel I shall not repeat for many moons to come.
In other news, yes. I love coming back from a week off. Hmmm... to go off onto a tangent or not? Not. Apparently I still have some remnants of zen in me.
Went over to Michael's and played with him this evening. He cooked me dinner and we watched "The Ice Storm" which was pretty interesting. I think I may have to ponder it a bit further because there was a lot going on. We ate nectarines.
Starting a diet tomorrow. These five pounds have got to go. They enrage me. I let them hang around because I think it's easy to get rid of them. I've been thinking that since last October. So am serious about it now. If it's on the blog, it's golden. Salad, soup and fourteen mile runs are my friends (my friends that I hate).
Um. Yes. Super boring, eh?
Oh - my faith in karma has been restored. It does seem that bad things happen to people who inflict badness on others (in this specific instance at least). So now I feel super shitty telling those two women that were day tripping on Lasqueti that they had likely passed Spring Bay since, as I jogged back in the direction from whence they came I did not notice the road that leads to Spring Bay so the likely scenario was that they hadn't come upon it yet.
Dear ladies: I am so sorry. I was confused and unsure and my misdirection was not born from malice and I liked the fact that, in your august years, you were traversing the Gulf Islands and I thought your Greek sailing cap was jaunty and my dad has one like it and he used to get a free shot of Ouzo when he wore it to the Greek restaurant on Marine Drive in White Rock.

No comments: