"What I want to say is this: - If you logically try to persuade a person that there is no absolute reason for shedding tears, the person in question will cease weeping. That's self evident. Why, I should like to know, should such a person continue doing so?"

"If such were the usual course of things, life would be a very easy matter," replied Raskolnikoff.

- Crime and Punishment, Dostoevsky

Sunday, June 22, 2008

It's 5:20am... do you know where your sanity is?

Yeah. This is too early for a race. Why do we have to start at 7am?? It's only a half marathon. I aim to be done by 8:45! I bet we'll be home by 10am. Then I'm going back to goddamn bed.
Got a scant couple of hours sleep last night because I never sleep before races and then I look at the clock and think, "man, am I going to be tired tomorrow" and become increasingly agitated.
When I did fall asleep I dreamed that Michael informed me that he had never loved me and that he had been manipulating me for the last eight years (and was apparently even attending courses on how to manipulate people). And it was one of those dreams that was so real that I was sure it was actually happening: it was absolutely horrible.
I told Michael about it and he said, "a course in manipulation? Where would one take such a thing, I'm curious...". Ha ha.
We're both so bagged.
It better not rain.
Must go brush mossy stumps.

No comments: