"What I want to say is this: - If you logically try to persuade a person that there is no absolute reason for shedding tears, the person in question will cease weeping. That's self evident. Why, I should like to know, should such a person continue doing so?"

"If such were the usual course of things, life would be a very easy matter," replied Raskolnikoff.

- Crime and Punishment, Dostoevsky

Tuesday, May 6, 2008

Ayn Rand rocks!

Yeah, yeah. I know the first rule of "Book Club", but man! Atlas Shrugged is absolutely riveting and engrossing (and it pisses me off absolutely).
In other news, the lone male auditor crawled under my desk twice today, to get data onto his thumb drive. This was noticed, and commented on, by the robot liberator. Look, I have to get my kicks where I can, alright?
Had my second argument with A about the whole vasectomy/tubuligation debacle today. Some days we talk about utter shit, and then other days it's like, "hey, here's a fundamental reason as to why I ended a six year relationship". He thinks I'm in the wrong. I countered that I think that men throw out various reasons for not getting a vasectomy, but the main reason is that they don't want anyone touching their equipment and they're afraid that they're going to be rendered impotent. He didn't necessarily disagree. And I concede that ultimatums are stupid and one should not ever use them. I still think that, logically, it makes more sense for Michael to be rendered sterile. The statistical probability of him meeting someone that wanted to have his children while still eschewing the age old tradition of marriage, while in his forties, is slim.
I find it oddly unnerving that I am still talking about this goddamn issue given that I had the surgery almost two years ago.
I appear to be cranky now. That's no good. Look, if you considered the argument as Ayn Rand might have (leaving emotions out of it), it would have been more efficient and less risky had Michael had the operation. Like, forget what Jesus would do.
WWARD?
Yeah. That's what I thought.

No comments: