"What I want to say is this: - If you logically try to persuade a person that there is no absolute reason for shedding tears, the person in question will cease weeping. That's self evident. Why, I should like to know, should such a person continue doing so?"

"If such were the usual course of things, life would be a very easy matter," replied Raskolnikoff.

- Crime and Punishment, Dostoevsky

Wednesday, May 7, 2008

Yep

So to add to the previous post, not only am I an egg sandwich responsible for my own happiness, but I need to stop worrying about the inevitable, whatever the inevitable is.
Additionally, I am somewhat of a hypocrite.
Furthermore, I really have no one to blame for this particular predicament but myself. For an egg sandwich I get into an amazing amount of trouble. You might say I'm rancid.
I want absolutes, but nothing is absolute. I hate tenterhooks.
And to round this mother out, I'm going to say I'm coming down with a nice case of PMS and I haven't exercised since the marathon so the possibility exists that I am perhaps dwelling in the minutiae again. It's where I live, man, it's where I fucking live.
The thing that normal humans (as opposed to egg sandwiches, of course) would do, would be to remain positive, do the best they can and deal with issues as they arise instead of tilting at windmills.

1 comment:

Godinla said...

Yeah, but sometimes, those fucking windmills...