"What I want to say is this: - If you logically try to persuade a person that there is no absolute reason for shedding tears, the person in question will cease weeping. That's self evident. Why, I should like to know, should such a person continue doing so?"

"If such were the usual course of things, life would be a very easy matter," replied Raskolnikoff.

- Crime and Punishment, Dostoevsky

Thursday, May 29, 2008

My new favourite thing


Woo-hoo! I ran home from downtown and it took me about an hour. Easy breezy and I was home at 5:15. Suh-weet! Home half an hour later than normal, and my work out for the day is done! I'm so totally stoked. I am absolutely going to do this more often.
I was so anxious before I left: worried about forgetting my keys; getting dehydrated; having some sort of technical issue. Nada. I took a gel at 45 minutes since I had to do Keith Road at the end (the two kilometre hill - always a nice way to cap off any run).
So the highlights would definitely be running through the downtown core and blowing past all the suits. The Lionsgate bridge is always phenomenal. Um, the fact that I can run home from work easily rocks. Running past all the cars that were in one giant clusterfuck waiting to get onto the Lionsgate was hilarious.
The lowlights would be my coworkers seeing me in my running shorts, the buses buzzing past me on the Stanley Park causeway and the constant fear that I was going to get creamed by a cyclist. But my coworkers will recover and I wasn't taken out by a bus or a cyclist, so I live to run another day.
And then? No and then! And then? I got on the elevator and today's sticker said "strength". Seriously. Not even making it up. Am I on the right karmic path, or what?!

No comments: