"What I want to say is this: - If you logically try to persuade a person that there is no absolute reason for shedding tears, the person in question will cease weeping. That's self evident. Why, I should like to know, should such a person continue doing so?"

"If such were the usual course of things, life would be a very easy matter," replied Raskolnikoff.

- Crime and Punishment, Dostoevsky

Friday, May 23, 2008

I see the light(s)


Ah, where to begin? Everything remains brilliant. Great day at work: lunch with one coworker; coffee with another; free chocolate from yet another. Got home, did yoga, picked up Michael and we got lost en route to Ikea like always. Fuck me. They need better signage: by the time you see the damn place you're on track for effing Surrey. I hate Surrey.
Picked up the items for the environmental committee as well as some stuff for me: namely a lamp! I've been going blind without a lamp next to the couch and now I have it and it works so well it's like it was born here. I'm so happy with it! Then a couple of frivolous touches for the patio (still need a lounger...) and voila: happy Duder.
Michael and I had dinner at 9:30 then I dropped him off since we both have to rise early to attend to various commitments in the morning. Came home, put on the new Radiohead CD (awesome: buy it), assembled my lamp, sipped a glass of the Sangiovese (I give it an 88: good, but not great) and continued to be perplexed as to how GREAT MY LIFE IS.
I tried to explain how well things were going to A over coffee and he told me that he had been putting ecstasy in my coffee. I said, "Oh, that explains it. But don't stop".
I don't know what's going on. Right now? At this exact moment? Life is so beautiful and enjoyable I could cry. I'm so lucky. So, so lucky. I'm having so much fun. I have so much to look forward to. I am so appreciative of everything in my life that makes it brilliant.
Clearly, I love ecstasy.

No comments: