"What I want to say is this: - If you logically try to persuade a person that there is no absolute reason for shedding tears, the person in question will cease weeping. That's self evident. Why, I should like to know, should such a person continue doing so?"

"If such were the usual course of things, life would be a very easy matter," replied Raskolnikoff.

- Crime and Punishment, Dostoevsky

Thursday, May 1, 2008

The wine club rides again!

Huzzah! Things to look forward to.
Had a funny conversation with a coworker yesterday about the bag that I had bought (and subsequently returned). He had commented on it, as he had noticed that I had purchased a few new items of clothing lately. And when a bunch of us were out for drinks he cajoled me into showing the purse to everyone at the table. Well I guess he noticed that I no longer had the purse and so he inquired as to its whereabouts and I admitted that I returned it. He felt awful! He thought he had driven me to return it because he had ribbed me a bit, but I indicated that I thought that purse was a bit too flashy and that I wasn't able to pull it off. He said that I had been able to pull it off and that he had liked the purse. Seriously? This conversation went on for like 90 seconds. And it was overheard by A (apparently I was on speakerphone), the guy I go for coffee with every day who Skyped me while I was engaged in this engrossing conversation to say, "It's like listening to chicks talk". It was so goddamn funny. Then A told me he was glad that I had returned it because it was "too vinyly".
In other news: OH MY GOD THREE DAYS UNTIL THE MARATHON OH MY GOD.

No comments: