"What I want to say is this: - If you logically try to persuade a person that there is no absolute reason for shedding tears, the person in question will cease weeping. That's self evident. Why, I should like to know, should such a person continue doing so?"

"If such were the usual course of things, life would be a very easy matter," replied Raskolnikoff.

- Crime and Punishment, Dostoevsky

Saturday, May 3, 2008

Knees, don't fail me now!

I have an immeasurably brilliant life. I had such a great day. Last night was a lot of fun, too.
I love everything. I love jazz. I love baths and Ayn Rand. I love Ibuprofen and cold compresses for my knees. I love my mom for coming from White Rock to see me at the finish line tomorrow morning. I love my friends for checking in with all their well wishes. Michael's mom called me today to wish me luck and sighed, "It's been so long since we've spoken". Watching Michael attempt triangle pose is funny. I had a Rice Krispy square today: it was really good. Everything was really good today. I'm happy.
I'm pretty terrified about tomorrow, but I'm still looking forward to it and perhaps it's the culmination of the training that I started (in earnest) in January, but everything's beautiful and sparkly right now.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Anxiously awaiting details...