"What I want to say is this: - If you logically try to persuade a person that there is no absolute reason for shedding tears, the person in question will cease weeping. That's self evident. Why, I should like to know, should such a person continue doing so?"

"If such were the usual course of things, life would be a very easy matter," replied Raskolnikoff.

- Crime and Punishment, Dostoevsky

Monday, May 26, 2008

I got nothin'

Well, I got new bed sheets, so I guess that's actually somethin'.
Wanted to run 14 miles tonight but did 10.5 which is the furthest I've gone since the marathon. I wanted to go further but Michael wasn't entirely committed to it. I didn't realize just how pissed I was about my marathon time until today. We're running the two bridges on Sunday which should be around 23 kilometres. To put this into perspective: the clinic for the October marathon hasn't even started yet; we're running the Scotiabank half in June, and that's 21 kilometres. So yeah, we're both starting to push the envelope a bit.
On the flip side? Eh, I had cake for dinner.
It's hard to be a hedonist and a runner.
Who wants to feed me grapes?

No comments: