"What I want to say is this: - If you logically try to persuade a person that there is no absolute reason for shedding tears, the person in question will cease weeping. That's self evident. Why, I should like to know, should such a person continue doing so?"

"If such were the usual course of things, life would be a very easy matter," replied Raskolnikoff.

- Crime and Punishment, Dostoevsky

Sunday, May 25, 2008

Napping is awesome

Totally overdid it this weekend. I haven't had a solid eight hour sleep since last weekend. The last time I had a couple of hours to myself was last Wednesday. Michael and I were supposed to run 22 or 23k today and then it turned into a hike. The hike turned into us vegging on his deck, drinking wine and reading. This was followed by a nap.
I napped so hard (is that the correct term?) that, when I emerged to find Michael on the deck (I out-napped him) I was exhibiting an overall look of bewilderment and severe creases on my face from the pillow cases and an excellent example of bed head, which had him laughing out loud. It was 7pm and I think we had crashed around 4:30 and I kept asking what time he had got up and left me because I was surprised that I had slept so long. I then I grumpily announced that I was hungry and he laughed harder and said he knew that I would be, then suggested I sit, have a glass of wine and let the pillow creases fade from my sleep flushed face before we headed out for sushi.
You know that kid that just refuses to go to bed when they're supposed to? Who doesn't want to miss a thing? The kid that stays up as late as they can and then ultimately falls asleep in their soup or in their ice cream? I am that kid.

No comments: