"What I want to say is this: - If you logically try to persuade a person that there is no absolute reason for shedding tears, the person in question will cease weeping. That's self evident. Why, I should like to know, should such a person continue doing so?"

"If such were the usual course of things, life would be a very easy matter," replied Raskolnikoff.

- Crime and Punishment, Dostoevsky

Monday, May 19, 2008

Back to the city... again.


Went into Kerrisdale. Grazed our way from 41st to Broadway and Granville. Michael got his hair cut. It looks nice, but I like it when it's long and curly. More to pull when we're... baking cookies for charity.
Another fun day. The weekend went by so fast but it was great. It was enough to recharge our batteries (I think, hope) for another few weeks. It was an amazingly low key weekend for me, who usually has at least one social commitment per day (sometimes more like three a day) and I really enjoyed taking it easy and not having anything planned. That kind of spur of the moment thing, which I've never been too good at, but which I'm finding is quite a bit of fun.

No comments: