"What I want to say is this: - If you logically try to persuade a person that there is no absolute reason for shedding tears, the person in question will cease weeping. That's self evident. Why, I should like to know, should such a person continue doing so?"

"If such were the usual course of things, life would be a very easy matter," replied Raskolnikoff.

- Crime and Punishment, Dostoevsky

Sunday, May 4, 2008

I heart runner's diarrhea

Like, what. The chaffing, the knee pain, the muscle spasms, sweat and cramping isn't enough? I need to pay for it with several urgent trips to the bathroom? What's with that?
So tired. Basically lay in bed for 90 minutes feeling ill and listening to my stove click on and off (I'm bringing lasagna to the wrap party).
Still disappointed with my time. Pouty Duder. I was FOURTEEN MINUTES SLOWER during my last half than my first. Did I stop for a coffee break and forget about it? Did I fall asleep at some point? Did I take a shortcut somewhere in Kelowna to get 3:39 in October? Scratching my head on that one.
C'est la vie. Gatorade helps.
Time to go party. Par-tay!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Don't berate yourself!!! YOU JUST RAN A MARATHON!!! You have to expect different times on different courses. I don't know much about Kelowna's course, but I've run Vancouver three times. It's hilly and it's difficult and you beat my best time by a good 40 minutes!!! Not to mention that every race can't be our best race. I did Victoria a full half hour slower than Vancouver, but ran Vancouver again the following year and beat my previous time. It's going to vary.
Now is the time to celebrate your achievement. You've done something (twice) that less than one tenth of 1% of the population can and will do. WOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! WAY TO GO!!!!!!!!!!!!!