"What I want to say is this: - If you logically try to persuade a person that there is no absolute reason for shedding tears, the person in question will cease weeping. That's self evident. Why, I should like to know, should such a person continue doing so?"

"If such were the usual course of things, life would be a very easy matter," replied Raskolnikoff.

- Crime and Punishment, Dostoevsky

Friday, May 2, 2008

Yay!

I made it through the week (almost)!
Yesterday was the last clinic. It was pretty well attended except Michael didn't make it. Tapering is weird: one feels guilty. We only did two one mile repeats. In fact, the run to and from the area where we do the mile repeats was two miles.
Then Michael came over. I love Michael. He brought me presents from Phoenix and had all sorts of stories. It was so good to see him and I displayed my exuberance by giving him a hug, even though he had just come from a run and was kind of damp.
Today I am picking up our race packages at the Westin. Apparently we don't get our marathon shirts until after the marathon. So why do I run marathons, you ask? For the shirts. Plus we get a medal.
Going for a pasta dinner with Michael tonight and then existing in a perpetual state of anxiety, doubt, fear, anticipation and excitement until the gun goes off at 7:30 on Sunday morning.
I can do this. I've got the fuel down. My toenail came off last night. I ran 23 miles a few weeks ago. I'm allowed to wear my iPod. There will be pace bunnies. There will be lots of music and cheering crowds along the way. I am stronger and fitter than I think I am. I am more prepared than I was in October. I am ready. I can envision the finish line and my hands raised in exaltation proudly displaying "V" for victory.
Also? Totally looking forward to the wrap party Sunday night!

No comments: