"What I want to say is this: - If you logically try to persuade a person that there is no absolute reason for shedding tears, the person in question will cease weeping. That's self evident. Why, I should like to know, should such a person continue doing so?"

"If such were the usual course of things, life would be a very easy matter," replied Raskolnikoff.

- Crime and Punishment, Dostoevsky

Thursday, May 1, 2008

Just for a minute. No egg timer required.

Okay. So one of the things the auditors want is the balance in our accounts payable and accounts receivable accounts for this year end and the 2006 year end, along with the differences as amounts and percentages. Then I have to explain variances greater than 10%. I don't mean to be rude, but fuck. On the lead sheets I really want to write this to explain why our A/P balances are lower this year: we paid that shit off. And as to why our A/R balances are lower? I got on the phone and said "show me the money" and they did.
I mean, come on. It's like, oh, why are the cash balances lower/higher year to year? Um, if they're higher? It's cause we had more money. If they're lower, work with me here, don't make me get out the puppets, it's because we had less money.
I'm done. Ding! Well before my allotted ten minutes of rant time.

No comments: