"What I want to say is this: - If you logically try to persuade a person that there is no absolute reason for shedding tears, the person in question will cease weeping. That's self evident. Why, I should like to know, should such a person continue doing so?"

"If such were the usual course of things, life would be a very easy matter," replied Raskolnikoff.

- Crime and Punishment, Dostoevsky

Monday, May 19, 2008

When was the last time you bounded out of bed?

I don't bound very often. I'm not a big bounder. Bounding and touching aren't really my things.
This morning I bounded. I'm eager to get the day going. See, since Saturday I have been having the time of my life. It's like I'm on vacation, only I'm not and it's all going to come crashing down around me tomorrow - but let's not think of that now!
Just sitting here, sipping my coffee on my deck, enjoying KCSM and my wireless connection. On the one hand I'm happy just to sit here and enjoy the moment and realize just how incredible my life is; on the other hand I want to down my coffee, run into the shower and go grab Michael.
We've spent the whole weekend together. We always vacation well together: our workday woes fade away, we eat and sleep well, we have lots of fun, he hugs and kisses me a lot. That's what this weekend has been like.
When we were trail running yesterday I asked that he consult the map because I wasn't sure where we were (and I was tired and kind of wanted a break) and so he looks at the map, he guesstimates where we are and then he looks at me with my hair sticking in all directions, sweat quite literally dripping off me and says, "I love you PP" and kisses me.
PP stands for potpie. I'm not sure that helps to explain a lot, but it's what we call each other.
Bounding, touching. Best weekend ever.

No comments: