"What I want to say is this: - If you logically try to persuade a person that there is no absolute reason for shedding tears, the person in question will cease weeping. That's self evident. Why, I should like to know, should such a person continue doing so?"

"If such were the usual course of things, life would be a very easy matter," replied Raskolnikoff.

- Crime and Punishment, Dostoevsky

Thursday, September 27, 2007

And... we're done

Yeah. So $300 later I had a P. Eng inspect the place and tell me what my "spidey senses" had been telling me all along: there's been quite a bit of movement in this building for a reason. That reason would be the looming $900,000 assessment. Right. So fuck off, I'm not playing this game any more.
I look forward to not doing any more real estate deals, getting a good night's sleep (sans condo nightmares), not having to go to Kinko's in my pajamas, not having to read reams of strata minutes, running when I want to versus when I can fit it in, having a brilliant marathon, having an even more brilliant vacation replete with too much food and wine and sleep, whereupon I will return to a significantly depressed real estate market and I will name my price.
The silver lining? It was great to see my parents. They loved Lower Lonsdale as I suspected they would. They bought me dinner (again, which I suspected they would). And, because I knew my dad would shun public transit, they drove so I got a lift back to my pad. Sweet.
So tired. So emotionally drained. I want a hug. From a tall, attractive, well dressed and nice smelling man. And I want a good night's sleep. With a tall, attractive, well undressed and nice smelling man. Oh. Did I write that? The delete button is so far away.
The Vancouver real estate market can kiss my athletic ass.

No comments: