"What I want to say is this: - If you logically try to persuade a person that there is no absolute reason for shedding tears, the person in question will cease weeping. That's self evident. Why, I should like to know, should such a person continue doing so?"

"If such were the usual course of things, life would be a very easy matter," replied Raskolnikoff.

- Crime and Punishment, Dostoevsky

Tuesday, September 11, 2007

Do and contemplate everything that I say on this blog

Yep, me and Po having some pretty illuminating conversations these days. It's good. It's good to find someone to listen and to understand and to relay their freakishly similar experiences to you. Even if the best that we can come up with is supportive quips like, "So I don't know" and "I'm not sure what's going to happen". Cause we don't know and we're not sure what's going to happen. No, I'm not stoned.
A funny thing that we discussed is how my blog can "influence" (for lack of a less narcissistic word) people. I should have put a disclaimer on my very first blog: I do not mean to coerce, lead, cajole or influence anyone in any way. Unless it benefits me in some way. If something ever seems perplexing or unnecessarily biting: I was kidding. Unless I wasn't. In which case you should feel like the sodding jerk you are. I hope I've cleared that up.
In that vein I would like to not recommend that you consider or action any of these random thoughts.
Club soda and cranberry juice is where it's at. Call a family member you haven't spoken to in a while and tell them that you love them. I don't want to have cream of mushroom soup for dinner tonight, but I should really eat it up. Make eye contact and say hello to as many people as you can as you pass them by (but like, not on Robson cause you'll be there all night). What does dating mean? Bring me a veggie 6" sub. Do you think that there's a biological reason that men and women communicate so differently? Tell your beloved about that random thing that endears them to you, like the flash of eyeteeth when they smile. Where do you think you'll be when you're 80? Read a poem. "As loyal as a fruit fly you'll mutter to yourself, 'you talentless fuck, good fucking luck, good fucking luck'" - "One Night in Copenhagen, The Tragically Hip. Have a bath and a glass of wine while listening to some good music. Do you sometimes just really crave a hug? Listen to a CD that you had on heavy rotation ten years ago and think about how much you've changed since then. I really want to go to Fairhaven for a sunny fall weekend and kick leaves about the grass, and maybe buy some earrings. Eat buttered toast. Think about all the decades in which you could have been born, and all the countries and socio-economic situations into which you could have been born, and then think about the most pressing issue you have right now. Be happy and share it with others. I think you're a brilliant person and you make me a better person for simply knowing you. Love me.

No comments: