"What I want to say is this: - If you logically try to persuade a person that there is no absolute reason for shedding tears, the person in question will cease weeping. That's self evident. Why, I should like to know, should such a person continue doing so?"

"If such were the usual course of things, life would be a very easy matter," replied Raskolnikoff.

- Crime and Punishment, Dostoevsky

Tuesday, September 4, 2007

I'm fat

Yes. Where to begin. I did not run on Sunday. Gasp! And though at first I was really agitated by my sloth (is that correct, or does it seem like a large, slow moving animal was pissing me off?), I eventually forgave myself. If by “forgiving” I mean eating a lot. And I do mean that. What did I eat this weekend you ask? An incredible amount of Indian food Friday night, sushi Saturday night, lentil stew Sunday night, eggs and sausage and polenta Monday morning, Greek chicken and vegetables and potatoes AND cake AND ice cream AND cookies Monday night. I look forward to playing the role of a jolly Buddha or Santa this Hallowe’en. Rub my belly!
Let’s see. Hedonists like to do things that are enjoyable, such as eating. They also like to drink. I did some of that. Sometimes they partake of certain substances that enhance the enjoyment of music and the overall appreciation of the visualization thing that iTunes offers. So I did that too. Psychedelic. There’s something else that can be engaged in. Something, drugs and rock and roll. What is it, what is that thing that one can do that can be really enjoyable? Oh, it escapes my slovenly, alcohol, drug and carbohydrate addled brain. No wait! I remember! Sometimes two people who are really fond of each other wish to exhibit signs of affection and intimacy. Boy, this is awkward. So, to alleviate certain, um “urges” they might get together and, cough, hold hands and… watch Venture Brothers. Sweet.
Oh, and if that wasn’t orgasmic enough? My brother lent me the second season of Aqua Teen Hunger Force. Sunday night? Yeah, I was doing it as hard as I could.
That’s a reference to the Mooninites from ATHF.
Or is it?
Get your mind out of the gutter.

No comments: