"What I want to say is this: - If you logically try to persuade a person that there is no absolute reason for shedding tears, the person in question will cease weeping. That's self evident. Why, I should like to know, should such a person continue doing so?"

"If such were the usual course of things, life would be a very easy matter," replied Raskolnikoff.

- Crime and Punishment, Dostoevsky

Wednesday, September 12, 2007

Just a blog before bed

Wasn't exactly kacking to go to my speed training clinic tonight, but since I've been bailing so much lately (though doing it on my own) and it is coming down to crunch time, figured I'd show my face. I frickin' love my clinic. Had a five minute chat with Harvey, who reminds me of Larry David and always seems happy to see me (he must have cataracts). Ran with Julia who is working on her masters or PHD or something ridiculous at UBC and is like 23 or something. It felt good being able to clock 4:15 kilometres with someone who is younger and more athletic than me. Moreover? She's really nice and I like her. Another (really large) running group was also doing speed training at what is a rather popular 1 kilometre gravel loop down at Jericho and I think it was lap four when a bunch of them were resting and we were still grinding through and they started cheering for us. I love running. I love my running clinic. I like the running community and the positive nature of the whole thing. I didn't even care that our clinic leader was taking pictures of everyone to put on Facebook.
Thought I might get a chance to see Typewriter tonight, but apparently it wasn't to be. Talked to my dad who wants to travel this winter so I might get the opportunity to go to Thailand or Bali or Belize or possibly Vietnam. I'm obviously quite excited about that. Talked to my mom. She wants to go to Costco with me. Vietnam, Costco, it's all good. Talked to Michael who has been iceing his knee at work. One guy in my clinic may have to drop out due to injury so I really hope Michael can work through this and run the marathon with me. We debated the merits of ice versus frozen peas. Then we did the whole peas/peace thing. Who's on first? I guess you had to be there.
Peas be upon you.

No comments: