"What I want to say is this: - If you logically try to persuade a person that there is no absolute reason for shedding tears, the person in question will cease weeping. That's self evident. Why, I should like to know, should such a person continue doing so?"

"If such were the usual course of things, life would be a very easy matter," replied Raskolnikoff.

- Crime and Punishment, Dostoevsky

Saturday, September 29, 2007

The status quo

I just watched "A Good Year" avec Russell Crowe. It was horrific. I would still discard all clothing for him in a heartbeat. Holy sweet Jesus, he is a fine sight. And I want to move to France.
I will run with a hangover tomorrow. It won't be the first time, unfortunately. The wine... ah, the bottle so far away. It was superb. An Argentinian Shiraz blend. Will give further details when I am so inclined. "The Last Time I Saw Richard" by Joni Mitchell is also superb.
Have I mentioned I love my life? I do think I have. I didn't do much today. I watched the movie earlier. I have been working on "Oryx and Crake" by my ultimate author: Margaret Atwood. I can hardly put it down. It's raining, but it's comfortable and cozy inside my apartment. I don't want to ever leave here. It's quiet and everything is the way I want it and I can find my way around in the dark.
Really. Do not rent "A Good Year". It was absolutely awful.
I do believe I have done next to nothing for over 24 hours. Can I get a frickin' gold star or something?
Bonne nuit, mes amis.

No comments: