"What I want to say is this: - If you logically try to persuade a person that there is no absolute reason for shedding tears, the person in question will cease weeping. That's self evident. Why, I should like to know, should such a person continue doing so?"

"If such were the usual course of things, life would be a very easy matter," replied Raskolnikoff.

- Crime and Punishment, Dostoevsky

Thursday, September 20, 2007

Random things

Yesterday I was walking past reception and the receptionist said, "Bless you" and I said, "what?" and she said, "you sneezed, so I said 'Bless you'" and I said, "I didn't sneeze". So now we randomly say "Bless you" to one another.
I just shook M's magic 8 ball and asked it "Will I buy a property this year?" and it said, "Very doubtful". Then I shook it again and said, "Should I buy a property this year?" and it said, "Don't count on it". I had to hear it from the 8 ball to believe what the Vancouver-real-estate-is-over-inflated camp has been saying for months.
I was talking to another coworker and he's totally in love and he said, "Things are going really well", so like the idiot simian I am I mimicked him horribly and whinged, "Things are going really well" and he looked at me in an alarmed fashion, so by way of apology I said, "the bitterness looks good on me, eh?" and he said, "Yeah, it really brings out the jaded".
Also? Where's my goddamn couch?

No comments: