"What I want to say is this: - If you logically try to persuade a person that there is no absolute reason for shedding tears, the person in question will cease weeping. That's self evident. Why, I should like to know, should such a person continue doing so?"

"If such were the usual course of things, life would be a very easy matter," replied Raskolnikoff.

- Crime and Punishment, Dostoevsky

Sunday, September 16, 2007

I want to go back to bed

I did not sleep well last night. I feel like I'm getting sick. The deal expires in 2.5 hours (I'll be running around some random location in Vancouver at that point). I want to go back to bed. I'm worried about the soundness of the balconies on the building. I want to be there when the people upstairs are there: are they noisy? What is the likelihood that the strata will approve new windows and doors soon, because right now they are single paned and double paned will make things nice and quiet. I didn't get a chance to shave my legs yesterday so I hope no one tries to touch them... when I'm running.
I like that I left myself a note for this morning. It says "Car on Vine". Because I got parking right in front of my building (which never, ever happens) so I didn't have to park one block over. Whatever returns (time wise) I gain from parking on Vine are always mitigated by the fact that, bleary eyed, I still walk over to Balsam, have a panic attack because I think my car is "missing" before realizing it's on Vine Street, so I then walk back to Vine and am pissed because I am now running late. Basically I should just never park on Vine.

No comments: