"What I want to say is this: - If you logically try to persuade a person that there is no absolute reason for shedding tears, the person in question will cease weeping. That's self evident. Why, I should like to know, should such a person continue doing so?"

"If such were the usual course of things, life would be a very easy matter," replied Raskolnikoff.

- Crime and Punishment, Dostoevsky

Friday, September 7, 2007

Oh, for the sweet love of Jesus

Right-o. Po and N came over for a girls' night. It was good. I hadn't seen either of them for a very long time (or what seemed to me to be a very long time, anyways) and it was great. N and Skyhammer had a great time in the Okanagan, the bastards. Po and S had a great road trip over to the Island. And I, well I had a really good time with Po's cat.
It got down to brass tacks pretty quickly, what with us three beautiful, witty women and all. We dissected our respective relationships. N and Skyhammer seem to be doing brilliantly so, of course, she's leaving to go travel South America. That's what I do when I find someone that I love and cherish: I leave the effing country. Oh wait, I haven't found someone to love and cherish yet. But when I do? Oh, I'm totally going to Europe!
Po. Hmmm... Po and I are suspiciously alike. I understand where she is coming from with her relationship woes and I feel (deeply) for her. I think that - all "neuroses" aside - she is a brilliant, loving and committed person that wants to give herself to someone and that she expects nothing less in return. I hope she finds the happiness that she so sorely deserves because she is such an amazing person. She is funny, smart, articulate, thoughtful, artistic, talented, accomplished, hardworking and very devoted.
And me, you ask? Well, my paramour is currently in Las Vegas. I have received such illuminating texts from him as "Damn it's hot here" and "Stupid Vegas..." which have, of course, filled me with emotion and longing. So yeah. I am missed. I am most certainly in his thoughts. There's a whole, therapeutic stream of consciousness waiting to come out at this point, but I'll just settle for a gentle smile and a nod.
Hmmm... what would be the karmic thing to say? Peace be upon you. Sadly (or not?) this weighs less heavily on me than Po's state of mind when she left my place tonight.
I want my friends to be as loved and treasured as I love and treasure them. It hurts me to see them hurting.
Me? I don't hurt. I'm invincible.

No comments: