"What I want to say is this: - If you logically try to persuade a person that there is no absolute reason for shedding tears, the person in question will cease weeping. That's self evident. Why, I should like to know, should such a person continue doing so?"

"If such were the usual course of things, life would be a very easy matter," replied Raskolnikoff.

- Crime and Punishment, Dostoevsky

Monday, September 10, 2007

Gimme, gimme

Okay yeah. I totally watched Britney Spears' performance on YouTube today. Yes, I feel dirty. Yes I know I shouldn't care. But my boss (of all people) practically forced me to watch it! I had to do it: my job was on the line. It was a weird performance, certainly. Though it does make me want to break out my sequined stripper outfit and walk in a dazed manner around my neighbourhood. I do that sometimes.
My realtor is showing me a unit downtown that's on the 18th or 19th floor tonight. Man! That's really high! The highest I've ever lived was on the 10th floor once. I mean, 18 floors up? I think I would feel really isolated and disconnected from... well, from everything, right? I'm sure the views will be amazing, but I think I might feel like bubble girl.
I kind of wish someone would accompany on my fun condo adventures. I never seem to know what to ask. I'm like, "oooh, these are pretty handles, do the handles come with it?". "Um, yeah, the handles on the cupboards come with the suite. Dumbass. Don't breed." Yeah. So anyways. Maybe you can come and visit me in my pie in the sky suite and admire my handles at some point in the future. Do you think the air will be thinner up there? Maybe I'll need a sherpa. So much to consider when buying a place; so many unanticipated costs.
Oh! I had two timbits today. I normally have one but I ordered two and the lady behind the counter said, "One timbit?" and now I'm wondering if she was trying to be polite. But I was firm. I said, "No, I'll have two today". I laid down the law.

No comments: