"What I want to say is this: - If you logically try to persuade a person that there is no absolute reason for shedding tears, the person in question will cease weeping. That's self evident. Why, I should like to know, should such a person continue doing so?"

"If such were the usual course of things, life would be a very easy matter," replied Raskolnikoff.

- Crime and Punishment, Dostoevsky

Monday, September 17, 2007

Membranes

This is not what you want to read in the minutes: "Similarly with the membrane on both the north and south sides of the building, once the areas were opened, it was determined that there was either no membrane in the areas being looked at or the membrane was in poor condition". I'm not sure what membranes are (if only I knew an architectural technologist, or say a P. Eng - surely they could help!) but I bet they're necessary and important. Why do I think this? Because membrane sounds a bit like 'my brain', and I need my brain.
This is how to buy a condo.
Not.
I think finding a rich doctor with a house in West Van is still the more viable and less stressful option.

No comments: