"What I want to say is this: - If you logically try to persuade a person that there is no absolute reason for shedding tears, the person in question will cease weeping. That's self evident. Why, I should like to know, should such a person continue doing so?"

"If such were the usual course of things, life would be a very easy matter," replied Raskolnikoff.

- Crime and Punishment, Dostoevsky

Thursday, September 6, 2007

Random recollections from almost a week ago

Duder: "I don't know how to describe it. It's kind of like that Barenaked Ladies song 'Call and Answer', you know the one? The line that goes 'You think I only think about you when we're both in the same room'?"

Big D nods his assent and then - snap! - says: "Right, and what does it say later on in the song?"

Duder, chastised, recites: "'But I'm warning you, don't ever do those crazy, messed up things that you do. If you ever do I promise you I'll be the first to crucify you'".

Duder then has a sip of her second glass of Sauvignon Blanc. She ponders how great she looks in her funky, black, sleeveless top with her new horn rimmed glasses. And idly wonders what exciting story Big D has to unveil to her since, after he returned from the washroom, he said, "Oh, remind me to tell you what happened when I was waiting for the washroom".

What, oh what could it be?

No comments: