"What I want to say is this: - If you logically try to persuade a person that there is no absolute reason for shedding tears, the person in question will cease weeping. That's self evident. Why, I should like to know, should such a person continue doing so?"

"If such were the usual course of things, life would be a very easy matter," replied Raskolnikoff.

- Crime and Punishment, Dostoevsky

Friday, January 11, 2008

Abbotsford

My brother invited me out to visit him in Abbotsford over the weekend. I have yet to see his new house which he moved into in October. Abbotsford. I think that's in Saskatchewan. All I know is that it's really goddamn far. Nevertheless, I shall make the journey out there this Sunday to see Abbotsford and all that it has to offer. I think that all it offers is corn, trucks and bible-thumpers, but I could be wrong.
In other news, I read that twins that had been separated at birth (a girl and a boy) ended up getting married later in life (a story out of England). That's super-terrific. How many showers would you have to have to get over that one. How would you introduce your brother or sister on a go forward? "Um, this is my sister and ex-wife Sarah".
That's pretty much all I got. Oh, except that I went for a run in the shoes that made me bleed last year (you'll recall I visited Michael afterwards and he cleaned my shoes for me, because that's what really good friends do: clean blood up) and they made me bleed again. They're Sauconys, they weren't cheap and I will break them in. I bested my Asics, and I can work these bad boys in too.
So I guess I'll bring my bloodied shoes along when I go out with Michael tonight. What the hell is he doing this weekend? I have to go to Abbotsford!

No comments: