"What I want to say is this: - If you logically try to persuade a person that there is no absolute reason for shedding tears, the person in question will cease weeping. That's self evident. Why, I should like to know, should such a person continue doing so?"

"If such were the usual course of things, life would be a very easy matter," replied Raskolnikoff.

- Crime and Punishment, Dostoevsky

Tuesday, January 8, 2008

Stirring the pot

Oh. That made me kind of hungry.
Wrote my much delayed and eagerly anticipated "angry letter" to my mortgage broker today. I called her office because I wanted to send a copy to her boss as well and the receptionist gave me the boss's name which oddly had the same name as my mortgage broker. I said, "Is her boss her husband?" and the answer was yes so I said, "Huh. Can I have his boss's name?". We'll see how it goes. I was trying to determine what they could do or say to assuage my insurmountable rage and I'm just not sure. Obviously a letter of apology, but then what? Money, I guess. Give me financial compensation!
I don't want to go for a run today. Do I ever want to go for a run? Why do I run?
Enough of my trivial matters: how are you? I miss you! It's been so long since we chatted. Tell me about what's going on in your world. Are you happy? I hope you are and I hope your new year has gotten off to a brilliant start. Drop me a line. I love you!

No comments: