"What I want to say is this: - If you logically try to persuade a person that there is no absolute reason for shedding tears, the person in question will cease weeping. That's self evident. Why, I should like to know, should such a person continue doing so?"

"If such were the usual course of things, life would be a very easy matter," replied Raskolnikoff.

- Crime and Punishment, Dostoevsky

Sunday, January 6, 2008

One more for the road

I hate leaving things on such a bad note. It's like letting the sun set on a fight, so let me speak of something more trivial.
I watched "Breakfast on Pluto" last night. It was the most rambling, pointless and enraging piece of shit that I'd seen in some time. Utter kife. Just really trivial bullshit.
And I totally had that nap for an hour and half this afternoon. It's the first time that I've fallen asleep on my couch methinks, so it was quite the inaugural bash. It would've gone longer but I had to pee.
I did try and sleep on it Friday morning at 6am when Michael was snoring like it was going out of style, but he noticed my absence and came padding out to get me twenty minutes later.
Aren't you glad you tuned in?

No comments: