"What I want to say is this: - If you logically try to persuade a person that there is no absolute reason for shedding tears, the person in question will cease weeping. That's self evident. Why, I should like to know, should such a person continue doing so?"

"If such were the usual course of things, life would be a very easy matter," replied Raskolnikoff.

- Crime and Punishment, Dostoevsky

Saturday, January 19, 2008

The thing that I am supposed to do

The main character of "The Razor's Edge" is named Larry and he said this: "It's strange how many people suffer from it. I don't mean fear of closed spaces and fear of heights, but fear of death and, what's worse, fear of life. Often they're people who seem in the best of health, prosperous, without any worry, and yet they're tortured by it."
So, harkening back to Thursday's blog about the way I seem to effortlessly court good luck, I believe the thing that I am supposed to do about it is to be grateful for it, enjoy it and share it with others.
If you come over right now I will give you a hug, and will share with you the chocolate covered almonds that I bought from a rather preposterous youth outside the liquor store last night.

No comments: