Have you ever prayed to whatever god, whatever deities, whatever powers that you dimly suspected hovered in some spectral fashion just out of your reach, and made rash, passionate promises to them that if they would grant you but this one wish you would accomplish some ridiculous feat, resign yourself to some stringent binding contract if only, just only they would grant you your plea?
Isn't it fascinating how we tempt, cajole, bargain with and become complicit with Fate? Isn't it odd that whether we're religious, agnostic or atheist that at some point we are all driven to our knees and we find ourselves cringing and bargaining and trying vainly to change the hand that we were dealt?
I don't understand the hands that I have been dealt. I can't reconcile the number of feverishly whispered prayers of mine that have been answered. Why do some people wish for so much and not receive anything, when I deserve so much less and receive an abundance? But more importantly, what am I supposed to do with it?
Dating fucking sucks.
11 years ago

No comments:
Post a Comment