"What I want to say is this: - If you logically try to persuade a person that there is no absolute reason for shedding tears, the person in question will cease weeping. That's self evident. Why, I should like to know, should such a person continue doing so?"

"If such were the usual course of things, life would be a very easy matter," replied Raskolnikoff.

- Crime and Punishment, Dostoevsky

Thursday, January 3, 2008

What a perfect night for a run

Yeah, no. There are gusts of winds of 120 kilometres buffeting my building right now. Okay, maybe it's not actually 120 kilometres, but it seems like it! At least the wind was at my back (someone has clearly been thinking nice thoughts about me) and it propelled me right up Lonsdale.
Here's a thought: the toilet seat in the womens' washroom was up at 3pm today. What does that mean?
And as I doddled for the seabus the resident busker said, "Beautiful in black. You can't go wrong with classic black. I love your boots".
Lastly: I get to wear my SomaFM shirt tomorrow. I'm so excited.
Tonight's run is going to be scary.

No comments: