"What I want to say is this: - If you logically try to persuade a person that there is no absolute reason for shedding tears, the person in question will cease weeping. That's self evident. Why, I should like to know, should such a person continue doing so?"

"If such were the usual course of things, life would be a very easy matter," replied Raskolnikoff.

- Crime and Punishment, Dostoevsky

Tuesday, January 1, 2008

Vague... kind of

What a fun night. What a lot of cleavage. And worms. Po: remember to send the picture so I can post it. I have a distinct recollection of everyone agreeing to have their shiny faces posted on the blog. I won't name names.
Ate too much. Played a game involving fish and worms during which I was soundly trounced. We thought we could ring in the new year listening to CBC but the announcer started counting down like this, "Five! Four! Three! Five! One! I'm totally making this up! Two! One!" and given that everyone outside was already screaming and cheering I think we missed the official point where 2007 melded into 2008. That's okay. We drank some un-needed champagne and talked about men. N is happy. Po is somewhat ambivalent, but I think that this is a temporary thing that shall pass. Me? I realize that I am somewhat vague when I talk about my love life, and I was no more eloquent or illuminating tonight. I stare off into space a lot. We'll see what 2008 holds. I know what I want it to hold, but as I like to tell people: it's good to want things.
Walked to the seabus which was only running EVERY THIRTY MINUTES. Awesome. There was a Persian contingent bent on wishing every guy that walked into the terminal a happy new year (at first I thought, wow, they sure know a lot of people, but then realized they were high on crack). Thought for a while that I might cram a noisemaker up someone's ass, but then patted myself on the back for having the foresight to bring my iPod. Feist says what now?
People were relatively well behaved. There was no vomit. I loved the disillusioned look of the majority of the couples that had had major blowouts throughout the night but were still destined to go home together. I was quite content going home alone.
Right. 3am. Breakfast comes soon. I shall miss it. It can be eaten for lunch. I do believe a fun time was had by all. I was glad that R, pregnant as she was, made it out tonight to spend time with us (relatively) fancy-free gals. I am glad too that N is so smitten with Skyhammer. I hope Po's first date tomorrow goes well, and if it doesn't, I hope it rekindles her desire to get back onto the dating scene again.
Me? I hope that I get a good night's sleep and I hope the traffic isn't too ridiculous when I go pick Michael up from the airport on Wednesday night because I have missed him terribly and don't wish to be late and will fling myself into his open arms and cover his stubbled face with kisses when I see him.
Or I'll punch him in the arm and hand him a list of things I still need him to do in my apartment.
Is she joking, is she serious, could she be more vague?
Yes. Absolutely.

No comments: