"What I want to say is this: - If you logically try to persuade a person that there is no absolute reason for shedding tears, the person in question will cease weeping. That's self evident. Why, I should like to know, should such a person continue doing so?"

"If such were the usual course of things, life would be a very easy matter," replied Raskolnikoff.

- Crime and Punishment, Dostoevsky

Saturday, January 19, 2008

So sickly sweet, you might be sick

Michael stayed over last night. There was hand holding and some foot rubbing.
Because I had moved to the couch at 6am one morning due to his snoring a few weeks ago (he came out to get me within twenty minutes when he became cognisant of my absence) he informed me that I was to wake him up if he was snoring and he directed me not to make for the couch. So at around 7am this morning I had to use the lavatory and I quietly eased out of bed and as I was halfway across the bedroom this alarmed and forlorn voice cried out, "Sweetie! Where are you going?". I told him that I had to go pee and, still somewhat worried, he confirmed that I would be coming back after my trip to the washroom and that I was not abandoning him for the couch.
I am very happy today.

No comments: