"What I want to say is this: - If you logically try to persuade a person that there is no absolute reason for shedding tears, the person in question will cease weeping. That's self evident. Why, I should like to know, should such a person continue doing so?"

"If such were the usual course of things, life would be a very easy matter," replied Raskolnikoff.

- Crime and Punishment, Dostoevsky

Monday, January 7, 2008

Awwwww, yeah...

I've been here for a couple of months now, and haven't yet had the pleasure of soaking in my tub. Around 9pm I was a little cold, a little sore (okay, okay, my legs were almost immovable thanks to the 19k of pain I endured yesterday) and so I thought hey, let's check out that tub. I have fond memories of my tub in Kerrisdale. I used it often, relaxing, listening to music, flipping through my Vanity Fair, talking to friends on the phone (those who didn't care that I was naked, that is). I didn't think another tub could compare. How wrong I was. This is a soaker tub. It is deep and I don't have to use a goddamn hot water bottle as a pillow because the back of the tub is on an angle - a perfect angle - that perfectly supports my languid, lazy recline. Oh, and it has armrests so you can prop your elbows up while reading Minette Walters' latest book showcasing yet another ballsy and straightforward heroine. Also there is ample corner space for, oh, wine. And I had KCSM cranked just so the swinging jazz would permeate the bathroom door as I pondered why, oh why, did it take me two months to figure this out.
Sweet. Love it. Love it.
Have a quasi-date with Michael on Friday night. I emailed him and said that I needed to return a couple of items to Home Depot, and did he want to come and grab a late dinner in West Van at this pub that we had gone to once and enjoyed? He said it sounded like fun. I'm am such a sultry seductress! Who else would use Home Depot in their proposal? Who else would create such a wiley ruse! I'm very wicked.
And sleepy.
We shall talk anon.

No comments: