"What I want to say is this: - If you logically try to persuade a person that there is no absolute reason for shedding tears, the person in question will cease weeping. That's self evident. Why, I should like to know, should such a person continue doing so?"

"If such were the usual course of things, life would be a very easy matter," replied Raskolnikoff.

- Crime and Punishment, Dostoevsky

Tuesday, January 1, 2008

Where's my free calendar?


Isn't there supposed to be an over-abundance of calendars at this time of year? Who, at my insurance company, do I have to eat pancakes with to get a calendar around here? And the pages in my day timer ran out so I just don't know what I'm supposed to be doing! Oh my god! So I did a very good job of doing absolutely nothing today.
Michael called today to let me know that he will be arriving at YVR at 7am tomorrow, not 7pm. I said, "Hmm... yeah, I guess if you were flying in at 7pm it would have said nineteen hundred hours, not seven hundred". Yep. Then I said, "I'm not coming to get you at 7am" though he strongly encouraged me to get up at 5am to accomodate him. I feel badly. Am I bad? Don't answer that.
Here is a picture from last night's worm-infested fiasco. I'm not sure what's wrong with my face, but you'll be glad to know it didn't stay that way.

No comments: