"What I want to say is this: - If you logically try to persuade a person that there is no absolute reason for shedding tears, the person in question will cease weeping. That's self evident. Why, I should like to know, should such a person continue doing so?"

"If such were the usual course of things, life would be a very easy matter," replied Raskolnikoff.

- Crime and Punishment, Dostoevsky

Wednesday, January 2, 2008

I stole from work

A calendar (thank you, TD Bank).
Had dinner with Michael, who came bearing yet more gifts from Penticton, including baking. That's just what I needed: more shortbread. Ah well, apparently I will burn it off on the 19 KILOMETRE RUN we're doing this Sunday. Way to ramp up! We've been doing 10k and 12k and they're ratcheting up to 19k? After everyone is bogged down and bloated with turkey? I'm not sure I can suddenly run 19 kilometres out of the blue. I guess I'll bring my bus pass with me on Sunday.
Okay. Tired. Bed time.

No comments: