"What I want to say is this: - If you logically try to persuade a person that there is no absolute reason for shedding tears, the person in question will cease weeping. That's self evident. Why, I should like to know, should such a person continue doing so?"

"If such were the usual course of things, life would be a very easy matter," replied Raskolnikoff.

- Crime and Punishment, Dostoevsky

Friday, October 12, 2007

Cool photos





The statue of the naked guy was originally installed in downtown Penticton but was being vandalized because we are surrounded by philistines. Red Rooster bought the statue and have it situated on their property. I love Red Rooster.

The wine barrels were at the Soaring Eagle winery, which was previously owned by Michael's sister's ex-boyfriend who I once debated fiercely regarding the fuel consumption of his Jaguar. And the limited clothing showcased by the female crew on "Star Trek: Enterprise". It is possible that the increased verbosity and curiousness of my battles can be likened to my wine consumption on that particular night.

Lastly, the wine mosaic is part of a larger mosaic showcased at Hillside Estates where, ironically, I dropped $35 on their Mosaic wine, which was absolutely stellar and made me want to immediately put on my new Fiest album, break out some Gouda, sourdough bread and chutney and party. I am such a hedonist. I. Enjoy. Nice. Things.
I suppose this blog would not be complete without me admitting to seeing an indie movie, which I did. It was called "Year of the Dog" and it was really enjoyable. Most likely because the main character reminds me a bit of myself and my time at the SPCA. I shall leave it at that. It wasn't the best movie I ever saw (I re-watched "Stranger than Fiction" and cried: again), but it was enjoyable and different.
Right. Totally, totally bagged. As well as stuffed. And a little drunk. Going to bed and will not emerge until noon. I have the best life.

No comments: