"What I want to say is this: - If you logically try to persuade a person that there is no absolute reason for shedding tears, the person in question will cease weeping. That's self evident. Why, I should like to know, should such a person continue doing so?"

"If such were the usual course of things, life would be a very easy matter," replied Raskolnikoff.

- Crime and Punishment, Dostoevsky

Saturday, October 27, 2007

My Christmases did not suck




Went to visit my mom for dinner and to pick through the remnants of my childhood. My remnants take up a lot of space: I think me and my brother had the most privileged upbringing ever. We have toys spilling out of everywhere. There are rooms and closets dedicating to housing our crap. He had M.A.S.K., Matchbox cars, Transformers and MicroMachines. I had Gem dolls, Rainbow Bright dolls, My Little Ponies and figurines from the She-Ra days. I also had Teila and Evelyn from He-Man. So I am giving away most of my stuff, but I couldn't part with Tickle Me Elmo. He laughs and it melts my shriveled, blackened heart. Plus, the She-Ra characters are freaking rad... and, with their fierce Amazon warrior ways it goes a long way to explain my aggressiveness, and my fondness for staffs and shields. Plus? Their thighs are kind of substantial like mine. We are women, hear us roar! Rainbow Bright is just plain cute, no?
So, when I get a boyfriend, shall I haul this stuff out on the third or fourth date?

No comments: