"What I want to say is this: - If you logically try to persuade a person that there is no absolute reason for shedding tears, the person in question will cease weeping. That's self evident. Why, I should like to know, should such a person continue doing so?"

"If such were the usual course of things, life would be a very easy matter," replied Raskolnikoff.

- Crime and Punishment, Dostoevsky

Wednesday, October 17, 2007

I don't think the real rain is going to start until later

Man! The last time it rained this hard was during the Scotiabank half. It is pissing out there. I love running in the rain. No, I'm not being facetious. I love when I come back totally soaked, clothes plastered to my body, hair sopping wet, rain beading off the brim of my hat after splashing through puddles as I careen around people decked out in rain slickers walking their dogs... who are also wearing rain slickers. It is Kerrisdale afterall.
Went to see my doctor and I have to get an x-ray and then go to the sports injury clinic at UBC. Meh. Will I be going to Boston or to the glue factory? And because my doctor didn't specifically tell me not to run, I went for the aforementioned run and I actually didn't have any pain (though it was only 7k). I'm thinking yesterday's yoga/pilates/stretching extravaganza may have helped. I think I will go insane if I have to stop running, so I will try and do all the exercises that they may recommend. And I will ice my knee with frozen corn. It's organic and I bet that will make all the difference in the world.
In other news, I am hungry. I have decided to defrost one of the mystery items in my freezer. I may become ill. Hey, I lead a life of edgy adventure and non-stop danger! Yeah. I may also open my club soda too fast and it could possibly fizz all over the counter. How ya like me now? It's a madhouse over here.

No comments: