"What I want to say is this: - If you logically try to persuade a person that there is no absolute reason for shedding tears, the person in question will cease weeping. That's self evident. Why, I should like to know, should such a person continue doing so?"

"If such were the usual course of things, life would be a very easy matter," replied Raskolnikoff.

- Crime and Punishment, Dostoevsky

Friday, October 12, 2007

Um, still tubby


Michael is complaining about the amount of food I'm eating. I took half of his pie last night. In the past seven years my food consumption hasn't been an issue: I eat half of my meal, he eats all of his and then starts on mine. The tables have turned. He learned the necessity of eating quickly this week, after I started a new trend whereby I ate all my food... and then I start on his. He doesn't like the new Duder.
In all seriousness: I have to say thanks to Michael because he is the reason that I ended up with a 3:39 first marathon (which was nine minutes slower than him). I tried so hard to keep up with him, and if he hadn't kept such a great pace for the first 22 kilometres I wouldn't be going to Boston. So thanks Michael! Are you going to eat that chowdah?
What a great week. Touring wineries. Dinner at the Hooded Merganser. Sleeping in. Have I mentioned "Robot Chicken"? Shopping. Not working. Eating. A lot. Eating more. We had fantastic weather every day but one. We even had a pretty smooth commute back into town (with the exception of the woman that gave me the bird on the #1). Thanks, lady. And we saw a raven at Manning Park which was really cool. They are really large birds and I do believe they have beaks strong enough to peck your eyes out. I may have to add them on to my list of feared things, which is so far comprised of: bears; sharks; running out of wine; being trapped, underwater, in a car with automatic windows; and trying to explain an entirely outlandish (but utterly true) theory to a gaggle of non-believers in order to save all of mankind.

No comments: