"What I want to say is this: - If you logically try to persuade a person that there is no absolute reason for shedding tears, the person in question will cease weeping. That's self evident. Why, I should like to know, should such a person continue doing so?"

"If such were the usual course of things, life would be a very easy matter," replied Raskolnikoff.

- Crime and Punishment, Dostoevsky

Monday, October 1, 2007

I heart Take Five Cafe

I am greatly enjoying the two dollar lattes at Take Five Café. And I bring my environmentally friendly mug so they fill ‘er up. Today they made a heart on mine, which makes me feel special. I am special. I have special, redeeming features such as: an abnormally tiny cranium which nearly reduced me to tears when I was trying on hats at Winners; bloody heels which almost caused me to faint at the sight of them whilst clambering up the stairs to cross back over the Burrard Street bridge; the ability to turn a brilliant shade of red the moment someone comes remotely close to paying me a compliment; and my alluring total lack of directional ability which, though humorous to my friends, is quite terrifying to me. Who wouldn’t want to date me? I mean, come on! I have it all, plus a heart made of gold. Scratch that. A heart made of sugar free, vanilla latte.

No comments: