"What I want to say is this: - If you logically try to persuade a person that there is no absolute reason for shedding tears, the person in question will cease weeping. That's self evident. Why, I should like to know, should such a person continue doing so?"

"If such were the usual course of things, life would be a very easy matter," replied Raskolnikoff.

- Crime and Punishment, Dostoevsky

Thursday, October 4, 2007

I can't believe it's not butter!

No, that’s not right. Rather, I can’t believe it’s not Friday. Could this week drag any slower?
We have swipe cards to get into our office. I joined a couple of my coworkers for coffee this morning (yes, a $2 latte!) and, upon returning to the office, one of my coworkers backed up in the general direction of the scanning device, since he obviously keeps his card in his wallet in his back pocket. I kind of laughed and said that I had forgotten my security card the other day. I normally have mine clipped to my pants, but the one I had borrowed did not have a clip so I too put it in my back pocket. And I guess I’m not quite tall enough to activate the mechanism with my ass unless I kind of back up to it and wiggle my bum around. And so I promptly did a demonstration for my two, attractive, male coworkers who looked on appreciatively. Just then a member of the QA team walked past, saw me wriggling my derriere about and immediately commenced concentrating on her coffee.
This is definitely how you win friends and influence people. One of the gentleman indicated that I had made his morning. That’s good. One of the members of my running clinic made my morning today, by showing up in my dream last night and having a rather saucy make out session with me. I should be worried that he’s probably 24 years old, but I will take what I can get.

No comments: