"What I want to say is this: - If you logically try to persuade a person that there is no absolute reason for shedding tears, the person in question will cease weeping. That's self evident. Why, I should like to know, should such a person continue doing so?"

"If such were the usual course of things, life would be a very easy matter," replied Raskolnikoff.

- Crime and Punishment, Dostoevsky

Thursday, October 25, 2007

Uh oh

I can't seem to find anything disastrous in my most recent (potential) condo's financials or strata minutes. I might just have to buy the damn thing. I guess that means I'll have to move. In THREE WEEKS. I was kidding! I don't want to be an adult or a homeowner. I was teasing. Granite counter tops? Tumbled marble? Brand new plumbing? What will I do with myself? I've got the speech explaining why one of the walls in my current residence hasn't been sanded or painted down pat. I've perfected the wan, apologetic smile while I say, "Well, the rent is very reasonable" as a way of explaining why I'm sweating profusely (having no control over the heat, you see) in October.
Eep.
Will you visit me in Central Lonsdale? Will you admire the designer color palette and the floating laminate flooring? I will be so lonely on my 6' by 24' balcony on the 10th floor...
More importantly: who wants to help me move?

No comments: