"What I want to say is this: - If you logically try to persuade a person that there is no absolute reason for shedding tears, the person in question will cease weeping. That's self evident. Why, I should like to know, should such a person continue doing so?"

"If such were the usual course of things, life would be a very easy matter," replied Raskolnikoff.

- Crime and Punishment, Dostoevsky

Tuesday, October 30, 2007

Oh sweet Jesus

Now I remember why I got off Plenty of Fish. Yeah. Viewed the profile of one of my coworkers by accident (before I changed the option that allows people to know that I've viewed them). That's gonna be a whole big ball of fun tomorrow. To boot? He's um, kind of odd. I'm super happy that he now knows about my predilection for pancakes and the Globe and Mail. Jesus Christ. Why am I doing this again? Oh right: alcohol and overwhelming loneliness. I need someone to play My Little Ponies with me.
Will delete aforementioned profile tomorrow. Now how to broach my creepy coworker when I see him on Wednesday. Furtively avert my gaze and, if pushed, scream "It wasn't me! I don't know what you're talking about!". Sweet.

No comments: