"What I want to say is this: - If you logically try to persuade a person that there is no absolute reason for shedding tears, the person in question will cease weeping. That's self evident. Why, I should like to know, should such a person continue doing so?"

"If such were the usual course of things, life would be a very easy matter," replied Raskolnikoff.

- Crime and Punishment, Dostoevsky

Friday, October 26, 2007

Hallowe'en

What's the deal with Hallowe'en? Some people are so into it. I mean, I kind of get New Year's and Valentine's Day (my two most hated days of the year), but this whole dressing up thing? A coworker said, "It's the one day of the year when women can legitimately dress up like skanks" and then he encouraged me to do so. I said, "Yeah, that's definitely the way to win friends and influence people".
I am, however, looking forward to seeing N and the gang at her place on Sunday. She says we can drink wine and play with knives. We're carving pumpkins, you see. Given that I have absolutely no artistic ability I need to figure out what the pumpkin carved equivalent of a stick man is, and then I will do that. Maybe I will just carve a stick man. It would be funny. To me.
Well, I am off for dinner with Big D. Maybe I'll not wear panties and tell everyone I'm Paris Hilton. I guess it's not quite as titillating given that I'm wearing jeans.

No comments: