"What I want to say is this: - If you logically try to persuade a person that there is no absolute reason for shedding tears, the person in question will cease weeping. That's self evident. Why, I should like to know, should such a person continue doing so?"

"If such were the usual course of things, life would be a very easy matter," replied Raskolnikoff.

- Crime and Punishment, Dostoevsky

Monday, October 29, 2007

Yowsa

Sunday was fun. Stumbled into the shower, lamenting that I had insufficient time to play with my My Little Ponies since I had to meet L for coffee. Launched myself out of my apartment. It was raining a little. Had a great chat with her about all manner of things, as I usually do.
Then to N’s place in the west end. Parking there is always fun. Trudged along Jervis with my pumpkin firmly in tow. It was an awesome afternoon with Po, S, Skyhammer and R who, after a few very blatant conversations, I realized is pregnant. Oh my god people I graduated highschool with are having babies. Oh my god, some of the babies can walk and talk. I am so not an adult. Carved a shit pumpkin. My rationale was: simplicity equals less missing digits. Plus it didn’t really matter what I carved, since Po’s an artist and her pumpkin was going to trounce (and did trounce) everyone else’s. Had mulled wine which was quite flavorful. It was fun watching N dump bags of sugar into it. I like sugar. We had some good discussions about pyromania, counterfitting and how the meaning of life is in N’s bathroom. Seriously!
Then to North Van to see Michael and to use his office to fax stuff to my realtor. He gave me an illuminating tour that was like, “These are the plants I rescued. This is the cup you gave me. This is our fax machine”. He should be a realtor.
Yes. The condo purchase now appears imminent.
I will have to move in a little over two weeks.
Yowsa.

No comments: