"What I want to say is this: - If you logically try to persuade a person that there is no absolute reason for shedding tears, the person in question will cease weeping. That's self evident. Why, I should like to know, should such a person continue doing so?"

"If such were the usual course of things, life would be a very easy matter," replied Raskolnikoff.

- Crime and Punishment, Dostoevsky

Monday, December 10, 2007

Alrighty then

So he has abortive relationships with women because he is beholden to his mother, and then she dies and at the end he chooses not to also go gently into that good night, but to continue on with his life. Thanks for that. I do not recommend "Sons and Lovers" (though lovers on their own are quite nice). Though it was an interesting romp through the English language and a detailed period piece. The subject matter, however, did leave me wanting.
Speaking of mothers: I should call mine. I was abrupt with her earlier over a rubber doormat from Home Depot. I think we were both a bit peckish. When did doormats lead to such volatile conversations?
I love KCSM and Billie Holiday.
My calves hurt.
Night.

No comments: