"What I want to say is this: - If you logically try to persuade a person that there is no absolute reason for shedding tears, the person in question will cease weeping. That's self evident. Why, I should like to know, should such a person continue doing so?"

"If such were the usual course of things, life would be a very easy matter," replied Raskolnikoff.

- Crime and Punishment, Dostoevsky

Monday, December 10, 2007

A big TV to go with my big couch

Purolator called and my TV is here already! I'm picking it up from a N. Van depot after work Wednesday: man that was fast!
What a great, sunny, nice day. I went to Park Royal and got almost all my Christmas shopping done (after ending up in Ambleside first, by accident). Saw Savary Island pies at the Whole Foods store for $25 or something ridiculous. West Van is... yeah. At least I managed to escape without inadvertently getting a $300 hair cut.
Went for an 8k run and had no pain and - surprisingly - a good time. It's hilly here. And it was cold today. Ran past some kids that were skidding down a really steep road in their sneakers and later experienced the same when I skittered across some black ice. Graceful.
There is going to be a wine tasting at my running clinic after the run tomorrow. Come on, I couldn't even make that up!
Having the best day. Going to clean up a little, put my Christmas gifts in my festive and reusable gift bags and then am watching a documentary with Al Franken. Well, not with him, but starring him.

No comments: